The Holy Grail of Haircare?
We are all missing our hairdressers and our regular trips to the salon right now, and our hair is starting to tell the tale.
Chances are, if you are remotely interested in beauty, you have heard about OLAPLEX. It is one of the rare, cult-status beauty products that does truly live up to its claims, hence why it is having a moment right now with all of the beauty fanatics who are seeking to take care of their hair at home.
So how does it actually work?
The star ingredient is Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate, a mouthful we know, this is the active ingredient found in all OLAPLEX products. It is backed by world-wide patents and proven by millions of real results. It is this patented ingredient that actively restores broken bonds in the hair. Once all the bonds are intact and in alignment, you have healthy, beautiful, shiny, touchable hair.
You could say that OLAPLEX has created a category of its own.
The best results from OLAPLEX is from a three-step process that aims to repair and prevent hair damage. Stages 1 and 2 contain the most intense forms of the formula and therefore exist only in salons for professional use, to treat your hair from within while colouring the hair. Given that our salons are now closed, we need to look to the at-home versions of the formula to get the best results we can to care for our hair at home.
Step 3 of that three step process has always been the ultimate mini-treatment for your hair, available to use at home in the form of OLAPLEX No.3 Hair Perfector. This is the product that has build the cult-status of the OLAPLEX brand and is a world-wide best seller. For best results, use OLAPLEX No. 3 once a week.
But what of the more intensive options that we usually rely on our salons for?
Luckily, OLAPLEX recently launched an intensive at-home treatment to boost the effectiveness of their previous range under the name OLAPLEX No. 0, Intensive Bond Building Hair Treatment.
No.0 acts as an intensive repair booster, ideally working in tandem with OLAPLEX No.3 to deliver the most intense repair. This means 68% more repair and 3x stronger hair when they are used together.
OLAPLEX No. 4 and 5 are their Bond Maintenance Shampoo and Conditioners, developed to repair and protect hair from everyday stresses — including damaged hair, split ends, and frizz — by re-linking broken bonds.
Here is the OLAPLEX range:
Olaplex No. 0 Intensive Bond Building Hair Treatment – primes hair to absorb nourishment for maximum repair.
A professional-inspired treatment that primes hair for deeper repair with the highest dose of patented OLAPLEX technology in any take-home product. It rebuilds hair bonds, strengthens and protects hair integrity. Use as the first step in a two-part system with No.3 Hair Perfector.
How to use:
- Apply throughout the ends of the hair until the hair is fully saturated
- Leave on for 10 minutes
- Either rinse off and wash with shampoo and conditioner
- Or apply No. 3 Hair Perfector and leave for a further 10 minutes at least, for maximum results
- No.0 bottle should last 3-6 applications, depending on hair length and density
OLAPLEX No. 3 Hair Perfector – the product that made OLAPLEX famous!
This global best-seller is an at-home treatment, not a conditioner, that reduces breakage and visibly strengthens hair, improving its look and feel. It will restore your hair’s healthy appearance and texture by repairing damage and protecting hair structure.
How to use:
- Apply No.3 throughout the hair from root to tip, on damp, towel-dried hair
- Leave on for a minimum of 10 minutes – longer if you can, and overnight for an even better result
- Rinse off and wash with shampoo and conditioner
- Use once a week, or two-three times a week for damaged hair
- Suitable for all hair types
OLAPLEX No.4 and No.5 Shampoo and Conditioner – highly-nourishing and reparative shampoo and conditioner
No.4 Shampoo repairs and protects hair from everyday stresses — including damaged hair, split ends, and frizz — by re-linking broken bonds. Leaves hair easier to manage, shinier and healthier with each use. No.4 is colour-safe and proven to reduce breakage and strengthen all types of hair.
No.5 Conditioner leaves hair easier to manage, shinier and healthier with each use. Protects and repairs damaged hair, split ends, and frizz by re-linking broken bonds. It is colour-safe and will strengthen and leave your hair stronger than ever.
How to use:
- Apply a generous amount of No.4 shampoo from roots to ends of wet hair
- Rinse out fully and then apply No.5 conditioner focusing on the ends and distribute evenly
- Rinse out conditioner fully from the hair and style as usual
OLAPLEX No.6 Bond Smoother – a highly concentrated leave-in smoothing cream
No.6 strengthens, moisturises, and speeds up blow-dry times. Excellent for all hair types, including coloured and chemically treated hair, and eliminates frizz and flyaways for up to 72 hours. Please see below for No.6, 6 ways!
- After styling your hair, add a drop or two of No.6 for a smooth, weightless finish
- Apply No.6 to damp hair to speed up blow drying time
- Work No.6 through your waves to go frizz-free for up to 72 hours
- Be generous with No.6 when styling to help promote healthy-looking defined spirals
- Safe for chemically treated hair, No.6 helps restore your hair’s health
- Use No.6 to touch up and smooth frizz or flyaways
SHOP THE OLAPLEX RANGE