How to Use Rosehip Oil on your Face
With the help of beauty and skincare expert, Corinne Morley from Trilogy's Global team, we've delved into the world of Rosehip Oil and why is should be an important part of your facial skincare routine.
What is rosehip oil?
Firstly, let’s cover the basics – what is rosehip oil?
Well, it’s pretty simple. The little bottle of oil on your shelf is pressed from the seeds of the fruit of a rose plant (rosa canina, rosa moschata, rosa rubiginosa) grown most commonly in Chile and South Africa.
What are the benefits of rosehip oil for your face?
Rosehip oil is highly concentrated with essential fatty acids and antioxidants, using rosehip oil on your face is an amazing way to apply a number of nourishing skin-loving properties without having to use a ton of different products.
Not only is rosehip oil full of powerful essential fatty acids and antioxidants, but it’s also known to improve hydration. This is due to it’s fine molecular structure it can be absorbed easily into the skin. This powerful hydration effect can also brighten dull skin, improve the appearance of skin elasticity and fine lines & wrinkles.
Also present in rosehip oil is Vitamin E, an intensely moisturising vitamin which is known to reduce inflammation. And if that wasn’t enough, rosehip oil is a natural source of Omega 3, 6 and 9, which are fantastic for repairing damaged skin, especially for reducing the appearance of scars.
The combination of fatty acids, antioxidants and hydrating, anti-aging properties make rosehip oil an essential tool for your skincare kit.
How to apply rosehip oil to your face
Adding rosehip oil into your skincare routine can have amazing benefits for your skin.
Here’s how to apply it to your face:
• Firstly, like any skincare product, always patch test. Try testing rosehip oil on your inner arm, as this part of your skin is delicate and similar to the skin on your face
• Leave it for up to 24 hours depending on your skin sensitivity
• Once you’re confident your skin is comfortable with rosehip oil, you can start introducing it to your skincare routine
• Now choose whether you’d like to use rosehip oil on its own or with your other moisturisers and skincare products
• Just apply 2 – 3 drops of Trilogy’s Certified Organic Rosehip Oil to your face twice a day by adding drops to your hand and smoothing over your face
• If you would like to apply a moisturiser, apply this after you have applied the rosehip oil or add 2-3 drops into your daily moisturiser
• Another great way to apply rosehip oil is as a spot treatment – applying it directly onto areas of scaring
Trilogy’s Certified Organic Rosehip Oil is one of the most awarded beauty oils the world over. It is certified organic, 100% natural and cold pressed. The rosehip oil is tested for a minimum 80% fatty acid content to ensure the powerful skin-loving benefits are retained.
To take care of your rosehip oil, we recommend storing it in a cool, dry place to ensure the product keeps well.