Now that we are starting to get a hint of warm weather on our skin, its time to re-think our beauty kit to suit the balmy afternoons and long evenings.
Here are our 5 top tips to lighten up your makeup game this summer…
1) SPF – this is simply a must-have. Not just for your body, but particularly for your face. Nothing damages and ages the skin more than sun exposure. Ideally you need to wear SPF 30+ on your face to stave off those damaging rays.
Apply over your daily moisturiser on cleansed skin, allow to dry in before applying your foundation.
2) A lighter base – If you find foundation too heavy in the warmer months, try a lighter base such as TheBalm Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturiser SPF18. This is a lighter formula than a standard foundation but evens the skin tone for a smoother complexion.
3) Lighten your shadow – in the summer, lighter shades can tend to look fresher and opting for a selection of nude shades for your eye shadow can give a fresher, brighter look to the eyes. TheBalm’s Nude Dude or Nude Tude palettes have a great mix of nude summer shades.
4) Mattify your skin – a good quality loose powder should be a staple for all makeup kits in the summer. Foundation can start to look shiny in warmer weather and an easy fix is to set your base with powder and then top it up with a large powder brush throughout the day. Delilah Pure Touch Microfine Loose Powder transforms skin for an air-brushed looking finish. It sets foundation and mattifies the skin without changing its natural colour.
5) Swap Blusher for extra Bronzer – you want your skin to scream sun kissed in the summer months and what better way to achieve that look but with a little extra bronzer on the cheeks to add that summery glow. Blusher can feel heavy in the summer but a light, matt finish bronzer for day wear such as Delilah Sunset Compact Matte Bronzer can really add radiance to the skin. For a bit more highlighter for evenings you could use a bronzer with a slight shimmer, such as BPerfect Cosmetics Golden Glow Body Shimmer for added pizzazz.
For more information on all of our summer ranges, click here